How You Know You Need A Fairy Godmother
Updated: Feb 3, 2021
Yeah, we know, you’re a strong, tough, resilient hero who dwells in the Land of Construction Contracting. That doesn’t mean you don’t want or need some help along the way.
Last week in the blog post titled Taking on the Big Bad Wolf, we talked about how heroes need “some friend.” This time, we’re giving one of the friends a name – Fairy Godmother.
Come along now, and we’ll talk about how you know it is time for a Fairy Godmother (a Construction Contractor’s Advocate) in your construction business.
Look for These Signs
Call in the Godmother/Advocate when you’re experiencing one or more of the following situations:
1. You’re feeling stress, anxiety, uncertainty, frustration, fear, or are overwhelmed trying to navigate the construction office complexity and multiple regulatory requirements.
2. You find yourself dealing with a new level of company growth, perhaps even to the point of needing please-straighten-up-this-mess accounting guidance.
3. Others have told you that you could benefit from the advice of a certified (QuickBooks, Knowify, T-Sheets, Hubdoc, or other) construction business advocate.
4. The time has come where you’re managing high-level interactions, dealing with multiple clients and associates, and could use some assistance with coordination and continuity of your business operations.
5. You and your team are having difficulty reaching a diagnosis of what is interfering with your company's growth and advancement.
6. You know you need to plan and, more importantly, be prepared before the next crisis occurs.
Traits of a Great Fairy Godmother
Cinderella or Sleeping Beauty would tell you that they would still be stirring the cinders or snoozing away without a great Fairy Godmother.
At the very least, a construction contractor’s advocate is a backer, defender, supporter, and counselor.
When you’re looking for a Godmother/Advocate for your construction business, here are some traits or qualities you should be looking for:
· Employs and Enjoys a Good Sense of Humor
Oh yeah, don’t forget, your Godmother/Advocate better come with integrity woven throughout.
Next time we’ll be looking at Prince Charming’s Valet. We hear the Prince is quite charming. 🤴
Construction Contractors look to The Profit Constructors to provide advocacy in dealing with:
· Clients and customers
· Employees and subcontractors
· Vendors and service providers
· Governmental entities
Working with The Profit Constructors gives Construction Contractors the means to organize their operations in ways that help them:
· Remain informed
· Avoid hassles
· Reduce risks
· Be future-ready
Ready for action? Or want to know more? Get in touch today to schedule a complimentary discovery call. New possibilities await. 866-629-7735